The Accounting career program provides basic accounting knowledge and skills for success in business and industry. This program offers a concentration in accounting along with a variety of courses necessary for entry into the business world.
Students who have completed the program will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Interpret, analyze and communicate financial and managerial information to make decisions
- Understand and create financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrate computer literacy and competency with accounting spreadsheet applications
- Meet qualifications for entry-level positions in accounting or upgrade their professional competence
Students who successfully complete this program will qualify for employment as:
- Junior accountants
- Entry-level bookkeeping, accounting and auditing clerks
- Accountants and auditors
- Financial analysts
U.S. News & World Report rates Accounting positions in U.S. News' Best Business Jobs.
Students may visit Career Services to discuss career options.
Classes will be available online and onsite.
Students enrolled in the program will benefit from:
- A schedule that will provide for completion within two years
- User-friendly scheduling for those who are working or have other obligations
- Comprehensive online support service
- Seamless transfer to regional colleges and universities
Students may download the program requirements to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives.
The RCGC Catalog provides class descriptions.
Through the College’s new premier partnership with Rowan University and other college partnership programs, students are admitted concurrently to Rowan College and one of its partnering universities — immediately beginning their studies toward an advanced degree.
In addition, the College also maintains 75 program articulation agreements with four-year institutions. After successfully completing an associate degree, students have the option to transfer to the university or college of their choice.
Some students in this program have transferred to the following four-year institutions:
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Rowan University
- Rutgers University – Camden
Students may visit the Career and Planning (CAP) Center to discuss transfer options.
Please see the below points for more information regarding your advisor.
Academic advising can be one of the most important resources in a student’s educational experience. Rowan College Gloucester County recognizes academic advising as a fundamental component of a student development and academic success. Academic advising provides opportunities to enrich students’ educational plans so that they align with their personal values, goals, and career plans.
Current students please visit rcgc.edu/advisement to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
Future students please visit rcgc.edu/appointments to learn more about how to get started.
NOTE: Students involved with other groups (Educational Opportunity Fund, Student Athlete, etc.) report to that advisor.