The program includes courses that will provide students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for success in a variety of computer information technology careers.
The Information Technology career program is designed for students who wish to seek employment immediately after graduation. Students are taught the fundamentals and integration of the most commonly used business applications. The program includes courses that will provide students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for success in a variety of computer information technology careers.
Students who have completed the program will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to seek employment as a business programmer, application developer or salesperson of computer software or services
- Communicate effectively and professionally with a broad range of audiences
- Analyze a problem and critically investigate and define computing requirements appropriate for its solution
- Demonstrate knowledge of programming processes, including planning, writing, testing, executing and debugging
- Demonstrate knowledge of Web and database design, development and management in a business information environment
Students who successfully complete this program will qualify for employment as:
- Programmer analysts
- Systems analysts
- IT support specialists
Students can find out where U.S. News & World Report rates computer graphic arts jobs in U.S. News' 100 Best Jobs.
Students may visit Career Services to discuss career options.
Classes will be available online and onsite.
Students enrolled in the program will benefit from:
- A schedule that will provide for completion within two years
- User-friendly scheduling for those who are working or have other obligations
- Comprehensive online support service
- Seamless transfer to regional colleges and universities
Students may download the program requirements to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The Course Registration site can be used to Find a Course as well as view dates and deadlines.
Thank you for your interest in Rowan College at Gloucester County!
Rowan College welcomes students seeking a post-secondary education. Admission to this program is open to applicants who are high school graduates, High School Equivalency (HSE) recipients or others who can benefit from the instruction offered. High school students may be considered for early admission or the High School Option program. Applications are accepted from residents of other New Jersey counties and other states and countries.
We offer a quality education, with the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey. You can explore a range of excellent and affordable educational opportunities such as a wide array of:
- Financial Aid Opportunities
- Payment Plans and Grants for Eligible Students
Please see the below points for more information regarding your advisor.
Academic advising can be one of the most important resources in a student’s educational experience. Rowan College Gloucester County recognizes academic advising as a fundamental component of a student development and academic success. Academic advising provides opportunities to enrich students’ educational plans so that they align with their personal values, goals, and career plans.
Current students please visit rcgc.edu/advisement to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
Future students please visit rcgc.edu/appointments to learn more about how to get started.
NOTE: Students involved with other groups (Educational Opportunity Fund, Student Athlete, etc.) report to that advisor.