The program includes courses that will provide students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for success in a variety of computer information technology careers.
The Information Technology career program is designed for students who wish to seek employment immediately after graduation. Students are taught the fundamentals and integration of the most commonly used business applications. The program includes courses that will provide students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for success in a variety of computer information technology careers.
Students who have completed the program will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to seek employment as a business programmer, application developer or salesperson of computer software or services
- Communicate effectively and professionally with a broad range of audiences
- Analyze a problem and critically investigate and define computing requirements appropriate for its solution
- Demonstrate knowledge of programming processes, including planning, writing, testing, executing and debugging
- Demonstrate knowledge of Web and database design, development and management in a business information environment
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.