Below are some resources designed to help you make the job searching process as easy as possible:
What it is: A FREE online job board operated by the Career Services Center with postings specific to the Gloucester County/Greater Philadelphia area
How to Register: Go to bit.ly/roadrunnerconnections, select students/alumni/community, click “sign up" on the right and follow the instructions (can use any email address)
Why it's useful: Monitored daily by Career Services Center staff and connects you to local employers who are seeking Rowan College students/alumni or community membersGloucester County Workforce Development Board
- What it is: Gloucester County's resource for local job seekers to sign up for training workshops and events held by the County.
- What it is: A professional networking site that emphasizes skills and past experience. Most recruiters utilize LinkedIn to find future talent
- How to register: Go to www.linkedin.com and sign up for free
- Why it's useful: User-friendly, no clutter, can connect with past colleagues, industry leaders, and employers seeking candidates
- What it is: An international job search engine with salary comparison tools and millions of user-rated reviews of companies
- How to register: Visit www.glassdoor.com and create an account using Facebook, Google, or an email address
- Why it's useful: Provides info on each company and user-reported ratings of their hiring process, interview questions, and workplace
- What it is: A newer, modern search engine with the ability to search for hundreds of positions.
- How to register: Visit www.ziprecruiter.com for more info.
- Why it's useful: Allows you to search by industry, location, job type, and other filters
A comprehensive information database that lists employers by college major and state.
Sponsored by the US Department of Labor, this site provides resources for career changers, military/veterans, self-employed, workers with criminal convictions, and workers with disabilities