Las Vias "Take the Lead" is a five-week summer program open to eligible first-time college students.
- Complete a one-credit online freshman seminar
- Engage in virtual leadership exercises that promote self-awareness & good communication skills
- Be better prepared as a freshman student in the Fall semester
- See the various facilities and resources available on campus
- Have the opportunity to apply to be a peer mentor or tutor and earn extra money
- Student must apply to Rowan College of South Jersey - Cumberland Campus
- College Level English (EN070/101) or 2.75 GPA on HS transcript required
- Low-income and/or first-generation
- Follow a degree-seeking program at Rowan College at Cumberland
- Intend to graduate from Rowan College at Cumberland in 3 years or less
- Register full-time (min 12 credits).
Students who are accepted into the Summer program agree to
- Attend all program sessions.
- Commit to completing all course assignments.
- Have reliable internet access and computer or laptop.
- Participate in various workshops during Fall/Spring semesters.
Las Vias Summer Program Dates
Summer 2021: July 6-8th, 12th, 19th, 26th & August 2nd