Below you will find simple steps to assist you in your transition from soldier to student.
Complete the admissions application.
“Steps to Enroll" here: https://www.rcsj.edu/enroll/gloucester
You will receive an acceptance letter from admissions that will include your student identification number.
With your military experience, you have likely earned college credits. Rowan College may award military students credit towards a degree based on training, coursework, and occupational specialty. When you meet with the Military Service office School Certifying Official bring your military transcript and any other transcripts you wish to have evaluated for credit towards your program.
- Complete the VA application for GI benefits by going online: https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/
- Bring a copy of your military discharge DD-214 form (member 4 copy) and you Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Military Services Office in the Student Services Building at Rowan College of South Jersey Gloucester Campus. You will complete a certification request form and submit a copy of your schedule for VA certification.
- Contact your local VA Office to apply for your Vocation Rehabilitation Benefits. Submit the required 28-1905 form to the Military Services Office at Rowan College South Jersey Gloucester Campus for VA certification processing.
- National Guard/Reservists: Bring a copy of your Notice of Eligibility (NOBE) or Commander's Certificate to the Rowan College VA School Certifying Official located in the Student Services Building.
- National Guard Tuition Waiver students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa .