Save the date!
October 16, 2019, 7 p.m.
Benjamin Ludwig visits the Rowan College of South Jersey, Cumberland Campus, for a talk and book signing:
Guaracini Fine & Performing Arts Center, Luciano Theatre, 3322 College Drive, Vineland, New Jersey.
The event is free and open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Don't forget your book!
Transportation will be provided from the Gloucester campus for any RCSJ student who wishes to attend. More details to follow.
2019-20 One Book, One College (OBOC)
What is One Book, One College?
Initiated in the 2004-5 academic year, OBOC is a college- and community-wide reading program with the goal to foster a reading community that encourages reading for pleasure, critical thinking, global awareness, and multicultural understanding.
Each year the OBOC committee chooses one special book to be read by students, faculty, staff, and the community at large. Workshops, discussions, lectures, and/or other related activities are organized around the selected book during the Fall and Spring Semesters of that year. Faculty are encouraged to incorporate the "One Book" into their classes across the curriculum.
The program's highlight is the much-anticipated annual author visit to campus. Participation in OBOC is not limited to Cumberland's campus, however. OBOC invites community members to read its selection and welcomes them to attend the annual author visit and book signing on a first-come, first-served basis.
An Instructor Packet is available in MyCCC portal inside the Instructional Resources folder or by emailing a request to Judy, email@example.com.
- Karen Arenz (Secretary, English Faculty)
- Josh Austin (Developmental Education Support Coordinator)
- Erin Brabazon (English Faculty)
- Judy Cirucci (Chair, Instructional Designer)
- Karrol Jordan (Social Science Faculty)
- Sharon Kewish (Past Chair, English Faculty, Emeritus)
- Richard King (Librarian)
- Carthornia Kouroupos (English Faculty)
- Doris Paladino (English Faculty, part time)
- Sandra Reid (Nursing Faculty)
- Marcela Savelski (Assistant Dean--Humanities, English Faculty)
- Linda Scully (Senior Administrative Assistant, Humanities)
- Pat Sink (English Faculty)
- Meredith Vicente (Physical & Learning Disabilities Director)
The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff
The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
Remember Me Like This by Bret Anthony Johnston
The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
Until Tuesday by Luis Carlos Montalvan
A Mighty Long Way by Carlotta Walls Lanier
Faithless by Joyce Carol Oates
Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario
The Soloist by Steve Lopez
Strong Medicine Speaks by Amy Hill Hearth
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
Freedom Writers Diary by Erin Gruwell
Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The Color of Water by James McBride