This program prepares students to lead start-up businesses and expand small businesses. Introduces students to management, marketing, accounting and finance, which are essential for effective business development. Business programs focus on the education and skills needed in today's global business environment. Practical courses coupled with general education offerings enhance the development of critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills, as well as adaptability and teamwork.
- Prepare and present effective oral and written business presentations.
- Evaluate key elements of a Strategic Plan and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work effectively in both leadership and support roles as part of diverse teams to achieve a variety of business-related tasks.
- Analyze existing local small business and prepare recommendations.
- Demonstrate mastery of financial and managerial accounting concepts by preparing balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows, and budgets by performing costs, volume and profit analysis.
- Discuss the philosophy of the concepts essential for business development.
- Describe the formal structure that affects Entrepreneurial practices.
- Locate, retrieve and critically evaluate information and information sources.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.