Human Resource Management is the process of acquiring, training, appraising, and compensating employees, and of attending to their labor relations, health, and fairness concerns.
The Human Resource Management program provides both traditional and non-traditional students with a fully online option for the completion of their associate degree program. Students in the program will complete coursework in business and human resource management courses, which will prepare them for transfer to a four-year institution. This curriculum meets the requirements of the first two-years of study of many colleges and universities. For a seamless transfer, students should consider the Human Resource Management program at Wilmington University.
Students who have completed the program will be able to:
- Identify human behavior and how organizations can develop a culture built on the principles of cooperation, support and respect.
- Utilize technology to capture, analyze, and communicate information that supports business processes and decision-making.
- Evaluate corporate responsibility, the implications of managers' and employees' actions, and laws that apply to people and organizations
- Analyze how organizations can better adapt to their external environments by applying different methods to influence change.
Students who successfully complete this program will qualify for employment as:
- Recruiting Assistant
- HR Administrative Assistant
- Hiring Specialist
- Payroll Clerk
- Training Development Assistant
Classes will be available online and onsite.
Students enrolled in the online program will benefit from:
- An accelerated schedule that will provide for completion within two years
- User-friendly scheduling for those who are working or have other obligations
- Comprehensive online support service
- Seamless transfer to regional colleges and universities
Students may download the program requirements to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The Course Registration site can be used to Find a Course as well as view dates and deadlines.
Students who have completed the application process and been accepted into the Online Human Resource Management program will be required to successfully complete a mandatory Online Orientation Course. This course will provide links to online resources, along with the pacing, format and study skills required for successful online learning. Students will also learn how to use Blackboard and other software tools used to navigate, communicate, collaborate, receive assignments, turn in coursework and perform other important tasks.
At the completion of the course, students will be required to take a quiz and obtain a grade of at least 80 percent. Students will have three attempts to pass the quiz. If a student cannot pass the quiz, he/she will be provided the option to transfer to another Business program. Instructions for registering for the orientation course will be provided by the program advisor after acceptance into the program.