A joint Associate of Science Degree in conjunction with Rutgers University, Blackwood, NJ Campus. Psychosocial rehabilitation is a field of practice that promotes recovery, full community integration and improved quality of life for persons diagnosed with severe mental illnesses. Psychiatric rehabilitation services focus on helping individuals develop skills and access resources needed to increase the capacity to be successful and satisfied in the living, working, learning, and social environments.
The Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Treatment program is a cooperative program offered by RCSJ and Rutgers University. Students complete 31 pre-professional credits in general education and science courses at RCSJ. The professional course component is completed at Rutgers University, Blackwood, NJ campus.
- Assist in the rehabilitative care of people with severe mental illness in structured programs.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor, behavior and attitudes.
· Promote the processes of recovery and wellness.
- Access wellness and recovery resources for personal and professional practice
- Implement evidence-based rehabilitation interventions.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.