Students need to know that there is a correlation between working hard in school and finding a job-- whether that job is in a Fortune 500 company or in a local retail store by gaining the skills through the School Counts! program. The four pillars of attendance, punctuality, attitude and effort count, and that nothing succeeds like hard work and dedication. As a participating employer, you can reinforce this message by asking young adult job applicants for their School Counts! certificate credential.
What you can do
How does it work?
School Counts! is an initiative that encourages employers to use the School Counts! certificate to evaluate job applicants that have now received a last dollar tuition scholarship to the Cumberland Campus for their two years here.
Employers can ask for the School Counts! credential during an interview, which certifies that an individual has been accepted to Cumberland on a "last dollar" tuition scholarship and acquired all 4 certificates during high school and has:
- Obtained higher than average grades
- Achieved a 95% attendance and punctuality record
- Completed high school in eight consecutive semesters
- Taken more than the minimum graduation requirements
Participating School Districts in Cumberland:
- Bridgeton High School
- Cumberland Christian School
- Cumberland County Technical Education Center
- Cumberland Regional High School
- Fairton Christian Center Academy
- Millville Senior High School
- Our Lady of Mercy Academy
- St. Augustine Preparatory School
- Vineland High School