This program is designed to prepare students to pursue college or university studies leading to careers in philosophy and religion. Secondly, this program is an opportunity for people already engaged in religious work to acquire a general background beneficial to their profession.
- Recognize and distinguish the philosophical and religious belief systems of diverse cultures from historical to contemporary periods.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the critical concepts and methods of philosophy and religion.
- Recognize the role that philosophy and religion plays in culture and society.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the historically significant philosophers and philosophical movements and their impact upon current ethical questions.
- Locate, retrieve and critically evaluate information and information sources.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.