This program provides the general education foundation necessary for students who are planning to transfer to a baccalaureate degree. Using available elective credits students will focus on Philosophy as a specific field of study.
Students who have completed the program will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Demonstrate an understanding of various scientific, artistic, philosophical, and historical ideas and perspectives
- Analyze information and use critical thinking to make decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of fundamental principles and theories of Philosophy
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern philosophical issues and trends
Rowan College welcomes students seeking post-secondary education. Admission to this program is open to high school graduates, GED (General Education Development) recipients or others who can benefit from the instruction offered. High school students may be considered for early admission or the High School Option program. Applications are accepted from residents of other New Jersey counties and other states and countries.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.