This program prepares the student for transfer into a four-year institution with a ceramic specialization within the art department or art school. The student will have a strong background in studio ceramics and technology.
- Demonstrate basic concepts of structure and construction techniques.
- Recognize and demonstrate use of tools and materials associated with three-dimensional design.
- Analyze glaze and clay formulation, operate kilns and other studio equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance of a functioning ceramic studio.
- Utilize historical references and be able to locate and critically evaluate information and information sources in design and fine arts.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.