Students who wish to transfer to a four-year college after completing the first two years of undergraduate coursework at Cumberland. The Liberal Arts/Social Science program is not designed for specific majors, but allows graduating students to advance to many different areas of study in the social sciences. As this program allows considerable course options, students should research the degree requirements of four-year colleges that interest them. Students who have completed the program will be able to:
- Analyze behavioral or societal issues using theories and concepts from a social science perspective.
- Explain how social institutions and organizations influence individual behavior.
- Describe and demonstrate how social scientists gather and analyze data and draw conclusions.
- Apply civic knowledge both locally and globally and engage in activities that exercise personal, social, and civic responsibility.
- Locate, retrieve and critically evaluate information and information sources
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.