Applying for financial aid is a two-part process starting with filling out the FAFSA.
NJ 2022-2023 FAFSA deadlines for renewal students:
2022-2023 FAFSA deadlines for non-renewal students:
Sep 15, 2022 – Fall 2022 Semester
Feb 15, 2023 - Spring 2023 Semester only
STEP 1 - The first part is to fill out, sign, and submit a
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the federal government website. Filling out the FAFSA is Free.
- FAFSA Worksheet: You can view or print it from the FAFSA website (https://fafsa.ed.gov/fotw1718/pdf/fafsaws17c.pdf). The worksheet lists some important information and the questions you will need to answer online.
- How to fill-out, sign, & then submit a FAFSA: You must go to the Federal government's FAFSA website,
www.fafsa.gov, to fill-out the application. When you are done, you should sign it with your FSA ID (and your parent's, if required), and then click "Submit".
- In order to sign the FAFSA online: While filling out the FAFSA, you will be asked to sign it with your
FSA ID (username & password are your electronic signature). You can
create one & then use it to sign the application. If you are "considered to be" a dependent student, your parent will also be asked to sign it with his/her FSA ID.
must enter Cumberland County College's
Federal School Code, 006901, in order for the Financial Aid Office to receive your FAFSA information.
For HELP filling out the FAFSA call 800-433-3243.
- Approximately 3-4 days after you submit your FAFSA
online, the Federal Government will email or mail you a Student Aid Report (S.A.R.). Check this report for any errors and to be sure that Cumberland County College is listed. The F.A. Office periodically downloads completed FAFSA applications.
Also, you may Apply for NJ State Aid
- Requires that you answer some additional questions after completing the FAFSA. There are two ways to do this. (Note: answer the questions -
- When you complete the FAFSA online, on the
Confirmation screen, "click" on "Start your state application to apply for New Jersey state-based financial aid."
Another option: go to their website, www.njgrants.org, and click on "Answer New Jersey State Grants Questions."
STEP 2 - The second part allows the F.A. Office
time to determine what funding you may be eligible for.
After the F.A. Office receives your processed FAFSA (SAR - Student Aid Report), they will notify you by email (which could be your college email or the email used when filling out the FAFSA) as to which additional information, financial documents, and signed college and/or federal verification forms they will need.
- You must have applied for admission and been admitted to the college, and, have presented an official high school diploma or an HS/GED transcript to Enrollment Services.
STEP 1 - The first part is to fill out, sign, & submit a FAFSA on the Federal Government website -
STEP 2 - The second part allows the F.A. Office time to determine what funding you may be eligible for.
After the F.A. Office receives your processed FAFSA (SAR - Student Aid Report), they will notify you by email as to which additional information, financial documents, and
signed college and/or federal verification forms they will need.
Returning or Current Students may check their Financial Aid status, additional
information required, and awards on their Self-Service account.