In-person learning is back in September! Although students will return to the campus this fall, spring and summer semester classes will continue to be done at a distance. Please know that RCSJ's top priorities remain unchanged—safety, value and affordability. Ranked one of the top online community colleges in New Jersey, RCSJ is confident that its Spring virtual campus will provide everything your child needs to keep making progress towards their education and career goals—all at one of the lowest tuition rates in the state.
Thinking about a Gap Year?
Is your child thinking about taking a break after high school to consider what kind of education and career to pursue? At RCSJ, career exploration does not have to mean hitting the pause button on education. The College offers a wealth of resources to help your student investigate options and refine professional goals — while earning transferrable college credits and maintaining academic momentum.
- Explore Careers: Take a course to see if it fits, meet with a Career Services advisor to investigate innovative and in-demand programs
- Paid Internships: Work in the field to determine what a major is like in the real world
- Volunteer Service: Mentor youngsters, assist senior citizens, tutor peers, provide community outreach and fundraise for area charities through the Volunteer Center, Center for People in Transition, the College Foundation and RCSJ student clubs to give back to the community
- Find Value: Examine life goals, discover strengths and skills, meet new friends and help build a better world
Academic Choices and Career Solutions
During this time of unpredictable circumstances, RCSJ is the perfect place for your child to begin their college journey.
- Enroll in general education courses or major-specific programs and earn college credits at a significantly reduced cost, then transfer those credits to a four-year university of your child's choice
- Earn a bachelor's degree (in specific majors) from Rowan University for less than $30,000 through the Rowan 3+1 program
- Participate in one of RCSJ's two-year programs and your college graduate enters the workforce with little to no debt
Encourage your college student to visit RCSJ.edu/Enroll and register today to be one step closer to fulfilling their dream.
RCSJ is Here for You
RCSJ has put measures in place to help lessen the financial and academic anxiety brought about by the pandemic:
- Summer and Fall entrance testing eliminated
- Flexible payment plan options at both campuses that allow students to stretch out a term bill over time with no accrued interest. Cumberland / Gloucester
- Advising, registration and financial aid online support
- Virtual and in-person appointments for campus services
- Live Online and Online class options
- Competitively priced laptops and other technology for purchase independently or through financial aid book vouchers at the campus bookstores
Student Technology Emergency Assistance program available to help cover the cost of critical purchases such as laptops, mobile hotspots and webcams, for students with financial limitations
- Free online tutoring and wellness services
- New Jersey’s Community College Opportunity Grant provides “free tuition” for those who qualify.
As a parent, you want the best for your child. RCSJ does too.
RCSJ is committed to safeguarding the health and wellness of your college student. To uphold that commitment, RCSJ made the difficult decision to offer all courses that do not require a hands-on component online. (In-class instruction will resume September 2021.)
This will allow for a less populated campus and:
- Smaller class sizes
- Classrooms arranged for social distancing
- Sanitation of classrooms before and after each session
- A customized cleaning plan focused on sanitizing frequently touched surfaces with disinfectants EPA approved for use against COVID-19
Campus Medical Director
Susan Hall, Ed.D, MSN, RN, Dean of Nursing & Health Professions
Dr. Hall’s medical experience – both in the hospital and in the classroom – continues to be a valuable advantage to the college community, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. Working directly with the President’s Office, and as a liaison with county and state health officials, Dr. Hall provides insight and guidance to ensure the safety and wellness of RCSJ students, faculty members and staff.
As it has from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the College continues to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the New Jersey Department of Health. RCSJ knows that the peace of mind a safe learning environment provides is key to student success and is dedicated to fostering that environment across its campuses.
Exceptional Value Meets Innovation
Affordable, accessible and innovative, RCSJ offers unique partnership options with Rowan University, area high schools and local businesses to create quality, industry-informed programs available at one of the lowest tuition rates in the state.