The Career & Technical Education Division at Rowan College of South Jersey - Cumberland Campus specializes in assessing, designing and delivering affordable customized training to your community’s businesses and organizations.
We will evaluate your training needs and, using our own faculty or special consultants, design a course or workshop specifically for you and your staff.
- Consultation – Our customized training service begins with a consultation. We will meet with you to discuss your training needs, develop a profile of the training audience, and define the desired results.
- Assessment - Training Needs Assessments are critical in helping your organization define the gap between your current and desired individual and organizational performance. We can conduct an assessment that will collect information and document data regarding performance problems, the anticipated introduction of a new system, task or technology and/or to address a new opportunity which may increase profits and effectiveness. An assessment will help you identify key areas of need and will help determine the type of training that is relevant for your employees to do their jobs and the skills they will need to reach their long term goals. These findings can be used to develop your training plans or tie into your employee development process.
- Planning and Designing - Following the Assessment phase, we will partner with the course instructor to determine the course structure, media and methods. The course syllabus and materials will be designed to meet the stated learning objectives.
- Implementation - Once you have reviewed and approved the course material outline, training begins. Training may be customized as a single session or a as series of sessions over a longer period of time.
- Evaluation – We evaluate the performance of all our training programs. Course participants are asked to submit a comprehensive course evaluation, which we review and share with the course instructor. Performance data is used to help with revising and refining the training program.
Below is a partial list of our community partners
Potentials Topics for Training:
- ARC International
- Sun National Bank
- Inspira Health Network
- Bridor Baking
- General Mills- Progresso
- Nipro Glass
We have over 100 topics in which we can customize and train your employees on. Below is a sample of topics we train on.
- Business Etiquette
- Business Writing
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Communication Strategies
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Stress Management
For more information on corporate and small business customized training options, contact Michael Goonan, Director of Business Training and Entrepreneurial Initiatives at [email protected]