For displaced homemakers who are experiencing stress, fear, rejection or depression because of a situational crisis in their lives, the Center People in Transition offers individual assistance as well as group workshops.
The Center provides assistance in career, financial, legal, psychological, and social services.
Specific services that are available:
- Individual sessions to determine needs
- Referrals to community resources
- Workshops on self-development
- Legal and financial workshops
- Computer literacy courses
- Career counseling
- Information on returning to school or seeking job training
- Job search skills, including resume writing and interviewing techniques
- Assistance with job leads