In Case of Emergency
In the event of an emergency the following may be activated:
Sign-Up for Emergency Alerts
- A message will be posted on this website
- A message will be posted on the college's social media sites.
- A message will be sent via the College's Emergency Notification system called Blackboard Connect.
RCSJ-Cumberland uses the Blackboard Connect system which contacts you through email accounts, text messages to cell phones, and phone calls to home and cell phones. We activate Blackboard Connect for emergencies as described below, but are not limited to:
How It Works
- Bomb Threats or other imminent violent threats
- Fire alarms, natural gas leaks and hazardous spills
- Building evacuations and lock downs
- Biological or pandemic emergency notifications
- Natural disasters
- Power outages and utility failures
- Campus closure due to declared civil emergency
- Inclement weather situations
- When you receive a call from RCSJ-Cumberland Alert, your caller ID will display “856-691-8614”
- When you receive a RCSJ-Cumberland Alert text message, your caller ID will display “23177” or "63979"
- You may wish to save this number in your contact list as “RCSJ-Cumberland Alert”
- For emails, the email ID will be from [email protected]
Employees and Current Students may Sign-Up Now
to receive emergency notifications.