Sign In
STEM Students in classroom and in front of MEC Building


Becoming an International Student at RCSJ

Rowan College welcomes international students as valuable participants in its diverse and global learning community. The College is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant aliens as F-1 students. International F-1 students must attend college on a full-time basis.​

Please select one of the categories below to expand the section.

Diversity and Globalization

​​​​​Rowan College is a two-year community college that awards associate degrees and prepares students for transfer to four-year institutions or to enter directly into employment. When considering ​​​​​Rowan College, prospective international students should be aware that:

  • ​​​​​Rowan College is a commuter school. There is no on-campus housing, and the College does not maintain any type of housing referral list. It is the sole responsibility of the student to find housing.

  • Private transportation is necessary. Public transportation is limited; a car is preferable.

  • Proficiency in the English language is a condition of acceptance. ​​​​​Rowan College does not have an intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program.

  • International students are not eligible to apply for financial aid. Proof of full financial support is required by the United States federal government as well as by ​​​​​Rowan College.

Estimated Annual Budget

International students are not eligible to apply for financial aid or off-campus employment; therefore, they must enter ​​​​​Rowan College with full financial support. Listed below is the estimated annual cost of attendance:​

Annual​​​ Tuition & Fees​$5,550​$5,640
Books & Supplies​$2,000​$2,000
Cost of Living​$15,014​$15,014
​Total Expenses​$22,564
SEVIS I-90 Fee

Effective Sept. 1, 2004, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has implemented the SEVIS I-901 fee. For a complete list of questions and answers on all aspects of the SEVIS I-901 fee, go to the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) website.​

Application Process

Rowan College is authorized by the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service to issue the Form I-20AB to eligible international students who wish to enroll at ​​​​​the College on a full-time basis. This document is required to obtain an F-1 (student) visa. The U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service and ​​​​​Rowan College require the following documentation before an I-20AB can be issued and before the prospective student is admitted to ​​​​​Rowan College:

Complete and sign a ​​​​​Rowan College Application:

Send an official transcript of all high school (or secondary school) coursework completed, including Leaving Certificate or Report of Graduation. All documents must be translated into English and evaluated by one of the following services:
International Educational Equivalency Evaluation Services, INC.
Foreign Credentials Service of America
World Education Services or by an agency that is a member of the
National Association of Credential Evaluating Services (NACES).

You may use the agency, Spantran. To use their service, students must apply with the following link only:
SpanTran Application for RCSJ

Individuals who have completed university-level coursework outside of the U.S., and who wish to apply for transfer
of credit, must submit an official detailed evaluation of their transcript. All documents must be translated into English and evaluated by one of the following services:
International Educational Equivalency Evaluation Services, INC.
Foreign Credentials Service of America
World Education Services or by an agency that is a member of the
National Association of Credential Evaluating Services (NACES).

If transferring from another U.S. college or university, students must: 

1. Have an official transcript sent from their current U.S. college or university. 
2. Submit a copy of their most recent I-20AB. 
3. Have their Internatio​nal Student Advisor complete the F-1 International Stu​dent Transfer Form.
4. Submit a copy of a valid passport, visa and I-94. (I-94 is usually stapled inside passport.)
5. To transfer in previous college coursework, you must submit the Transfer of College Creits Request Form

Complete an Affidavit of Sponsor, showing their sponsor is capable of and willing to provide for their financial needs while they attend ​​​​​Rowan College. This includes housing, tuition, books, supplies and all other financial needs. International students may use the USCIS Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, Rowan College Affidavit of Sponsor Bank Statement Option, ​​​​​Rowan College Affidavit of Sponsor Annu​al Salary Statement Option and the Supplement Forms. If using ​​​​​Rowan College forms, there are two options available for the sponsor. Option 1 is to be completed if the sponsor is using employment information. Option 2 is to be completed if the sponsor is using bank information. The amount to fund an international student at ​​​​​Rowan College is listed in the Estimated Annual Budget.​

There are limited work opportunities available in the United States for F-1 students. For this reason, before coming to the United States, F-1 students must prove they have the financial ability (e.g., present bank statements) to pay for tuition and living expenses while studying in the United States.

English proficiency is required. International students from countries where English is not the first language of business must prove English proficiency. New students should submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores. The minimum scores accepted are: 500 on the paper-based test; 173 on the computer-based test; 61 on the Internet-based test. 

The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is acceptable with a minimum score of 5. The following link provides institutions that accept IELTS, For information on how to read the scores, please click on

​​​​​Rowan College's Institutional Code is 2281. Transfer students may prove proficiency by showing successful completion of an intensive ESL program or college-level English Composition I at an SEVP-certified school.​

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Student Checklist for F1 Students

Student Checklist for F1 Transfer Students​​

The ​​​​​Rowan College​​ application and all supporting documents should be received by the ​​​​​Rowan College Office of Student Services by July 15 for fall semester applicants, or November 15 for spring semester applicants. Students currently in F-1 status who are transferring from another U.S. college or university may submit documents up to one month prior to the beginning of the semester.

Frequently Asked Questions

What documents are required to attend Rowan College?

NOTE: All international students should read the information provided on the U.S. Department of State website, about obtaining a visa. There may be special instructions or policies that pertain to certain countries.


What is the cost of tuition?

The cost of tuition and fees at ​​​​​Rowan College may change annually. The current price per credit can be found in the College catalog. All F-1 visa holders must have a full course load of at least 12 credits, charged at the international rate, which is the same as the out-of-county rate. In addition to tuition and fees, the sponsor is responsible for books, housing, meals, transportation and other costs. Please refer to the Estimated Annual Budget.


When is tuition due?

Initial students entering the U.S. to attend ​​​​​Rowan College will be required to pay tuition and fees at time of registration. Transfer students should refer to the Rowan College website for payment due dates.


How do students select their first courses?

International students with F-1 visas must take at least 12 credits in both the fall semester and spring semesters. Students follow the required course outline for the degree of their choice. Students may also take other courses of interest while following their degree program. Some courses must be taken in a specific sequence, while others may be pursued out-of-order. The College's International Student Advisor helps students select their courses.


Is student housing available?

Rowan College does not provide housing. Students must find their own housing.


Are meal plans available?

Rowan College does not offer meal plans. However, there are dining facilities on campus.


​Gloucester Campus
Christina Kulisek
[email protected]

Cumberland Campus
Office of Admissions

[email protected] 

Gloucester; Cumberland