Beginning your academic journey at Rowan College of South Jersey’s Gloucester Campus will be one of the most exciting times of your life. The New Student Orientation (NSO) serves as the first step in preparing you for this exciting opportunity at RCSJ. The purpose of the NSO is simple: to help you efficiently transition into college and empower you with the tools necessary to become academically successful.
Participation in the NSO is required for all new students. At the NSO, students will learn about the resources that are available to them and begin building lasting relationships with advisors and staff. Whether you are a first-year student, transfer student, or returning student, we know how important your college education is to you. Rowan College of South Jersey recognizes that helping you experience a positive and engaging first year can make a significant impact on your level of academic performance, engagement in the campus community, and progress toward graduation.
Attending the New Student Orientation is an important step in beginning your journey at RCSJ.
What You'll Learn
- Learn how to navigate the RCSJ website
- Learn how to add and drop classes including reviewing your schedule
- Understand the differences between course delivery models
- Meet some of the Academic Advisors
- Identify options for funding your college experience through Financial Aid
- Review important dates for the semester ahead
- Learn about the various support services RCSJ offers and where these offices are located
- Review opportunities for students to get involved on campus
- Understand what it takes to be a successful student
At the conclusion of the NSO, all students will be able to meet with an advisor to begin selecting courses for the upcoming semester.