The transfer program in Computer Information Systems (CIS) offers a strong foundation in both business studies and information systems. The concepts of information systems and the hands-on experience gained in the design, development and implementation of business applications provides this foundation. Students will be prepared to transfer to a four-year college, begin a career working in the information systems field or apply their knowledge in programming, systems analysis and/or computer management in a private entrepreneurial setting.
Students who have completed the program will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Information systems principles and the fundamental skills of business, programming, system and application software in a business computing environment
- Programming processes, including planning, writing, testing, executing and debugging
- Web and database design, development and management in business information environment
Students who successfully complete this program will qualify for employment as:
- Application developers
- Infrastructure architects
- IT support specialists
U.S. News & World Report rates Computer Information Systemscareers in the U.S. News' 100 Best Jobs listing. Students may visit Career Services to discuss career options.
Classes will be available online and onsite.
Students enrolled in the program will benefit from:
- A schedule that will provide for completion within two years
- User-friendly scheduling for those who are working or have other obligations
- Comprehensive online support service
- Seamless transfer to regional colleges and universities
Students may download the program requirements to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives.
The RCGC Catalog provides class descriptions.
Thank you for your interest in Rowan College at Gloucester County!
We offer a quality education, with the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey. You can explore a range of excellent and affordable educational opportunities such as a wide array of:
- Financial Aid Opportunities
- Payment Plans and Grants for Eligible Students
Please see the below points for more information regarding your advisor.
Academic advising can be one of the most important resources in a student’s educational experience. Rowan College Gloucester County recognizes academic advising as a fundamental component of a student development and academic success. Academic advising provides opportunities to enrich students’ educational plans so that they align with their personal values, goals, and career plans.
Current students please visit rcgc.edu/advisement to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
Future students please visit rcgc.edu/appointments to learn more about how to get started.
NOTE: Students involved with other groups (Educational Opportunity Fund, Student Athlete, etc.) report to that advisor.