This program is designed for students who wish to transfer to a four-year college after completing the first two years of undergraduate coursework at CCC as a Liberal Arts General. The Liberal Arts program is not designed for specific majors, but allows graduating students to advance to many different areas of study. As the Liberal Arts program allows considerable course options, students should research the degree requirements of the four-year colleges of interest.
Cumberland has transfer agreements with a number of four-year colleges and universities.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills by expressing ideas and sharing knowledge in a clear, focused and organized manner.
- Demonstrate mathematical and statistical concepts and operations to interpret data and to solve problems.
- Demonstrate scientific method of inquiry, through the acquisition of scientific knowledge.
- Apply computer systems or other appropriate forms of technology to achieve educational and personal goals.
- Apply social science theories and concepts to analyze human behavior, social and political systems, and to act as responsible citizens.
- Analyze works in the fields of art, music, theater, literature, philosophy and/or religious studies and gain competence in the use of a foreign language.
- Evaluate historical events and movements in World, Western, non-Western or American societies and assess their subsequent significance.
- Analyze the importance of global perspectives and culturally diverse peoples.
- Evaluate ethical issues and situation.
- Locate, retrieve and critically evaluate information and sources.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.