The Gloucester County Fire Academy strives to provide students with an environment that enhance learning and practical skills training. The following rules and general guidelines were developed to ensure a rewarding experience for everyone attending Fire Academy programs.
All programs offered by the Gloucester County Fire Academy require registration before the class start date. Individuals desiring to register must use the academy’s registration form.
- Registrants must meet all course requirements at the time of registration.
- Accepted registrations are considered final and nonrefundable (see
Course Cancelation policy below). However, some exceptions exist and substitutions are permitted.
- Registrations may be submitted by fax, mail or in person.
- Incomplete registrations may be returned to the student, thus delaying enrollment.
When a course is canceled for any of the following reasons, registrants may receive a refund or be placed on
a preferred list for future class offerings for which the tuition is the same amount.
Causes for cancellation:
- Inclement weather. The Emergency Closing page provides more details on emergency closings.
- Low enrollment.
Unless otherwise noted, all programs offered by the Gloucester County Fire Academy award certificates of completion.
To receive full credit and a certificate, students must:
- Meet all attendance requirements.
- Complete all mandatory coursework.
- Achieve the minimum test or practical skills testing requirements.
Incomplete coursework must be completed as required by the academy or sponsoring agency.
The Gloucester County Fire Academy strives to provide training in an environment that promotes professionalism.
All visitors are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Outerwear should be clean and not contain any language or drawings that a reasonable person deems offensive.
- Outerwear may consist of a shirt with collar, T-shirt or sweatshirt that fully covers the mid section and long pants.
Open-toe shoes are not permitted.
- Certain programs have special clothing requirements.
To enhance training while at the Fire Academy, students are expected adhere to the following rules:
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Parking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Local speed limits must be followed at all times.
- All cell phones and radios must be turned off or placed in the silent mode during class.
- Those using the kitchen and dining area should maintain a clean and neat area.