This Arts & Science program is designed for students who have selected a major field of concentration but still desire more flexibility in course selection. The program meets transfer requirements for students pursuing a bachelor of science degree. It also is suggested that students seek advisement in course selection from the institutions to which they intend to transfer.
Students who have completed the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the application of theoretical concepts and fundamental principles used in the sciences, including the use of the scientific method
- Conduct background research on scientific topics to draw educated conclusions and demonstrate the ability to access and assess information, including understanding basic concepts, processes and key words necessary to explore topics
- Communicate with others in written and oral form and present scientific information effectively
- Operate basic laboratory equipment successfully
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to address scientific research problems, including utilizing statistics and graphical analyses
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.