This program enables students to gain skills and build the portfolios they will need to pursue a degree at a four-year institution and a career in the visual arts. The program offers a strong foundation for gaining insights and fluency of artistic expression. The curriculum lends itself to portfolio building and the exploration of various media within the artistic fields, including fine arts, fine crafts, art history or applied arts.
- Define the visual elements and design principles including the terms associated with each in written form.
- Utilize historical references and be able to locate and critically evaluate information and information sources in design and fine arts.
- Apply 2D and 3D terminology, techniques, and knowledge of various mediums.
- Exhibit proficiency in drawing skills including linear perspective.
- Create a portfolio that conforms to expectations of BA or BFA programs in art or design for successful transfer or employment.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.