This program provides the general education foundation necessary for students who are planning to transfer to a baccalaureate degree program in Radio, Television, and Film. Using available elective credits, students will focus on the technical aspects of radio, television, and film as a specific field of study.
Students who have completed the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the basic operation of audio, video and multimedia equipment used to produce media presentations
- Define technical terms and language of media production
- Be able to formulate and plan productions and explain their plans both orally and in writing
- Develop their creative intelligence and use various media technologies to communicate information
- Describe the evolution of media technologies and industries
- Analyze the effects of media on individuals and society
- Evaluate media, including their own work and the work of others
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.