This program prepares students for entry-level management positions with a concentration in marketing. Business programs focus on the education and skills needed in today's global business environment. Practical courses coupled with general education offerings
enhance the development of critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills, as well as adaptability and teamwork.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of financial and managerial accounting concepts by preparing balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows, and budgets by performing costs, volume and profit analysis.
- Prepare and present effective oral and written business presentations.
- Evaluate key elements of a Strategic Plan and make recommendations for improvements. ·Work effectively in both leadership and support roles as part of diverse teams to achieve a variety of business-related tasks.
- Prepare an effective promotional campaign for an existing product, service or local business.
- Locate, retrieve and critically evaluate information and information sources.
- Discuss fundamental marketing practices and concepts and recognize a range of marketing, sales and public relations techniques.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.