Prepares students for entry-level management positions in all sectors of business, government, social service and not-for-profit agencies, with a concentration in finance. Business programs focus on the education and skills needed in today's global business environment. Practical courses coupled with general education offerings enhance the development of critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills, as well as adaptability and teamwork.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Prepare and present effective oral and written business presentations.
- Demonstrate mastery of financial and managerial accounting concepts by preparing balance sheets, income and cash flow statements, and budgets by performing costs, volume and profit analysis.
- Work effectively in both leadership and support roles as part of diverse teams to achieve a variety of business-related tasks.
- Evaluate key elements of a Strategic Plan and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform, interpret and analyze financial statements.
- Perform a stock market analysis.
- Locate, retrieve and critically evaluate information and information sources.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.