Fall 2020 courses will be offered in a traditional online and Live online format.
- Online courses are completely online and provide students with the flexibility to log into their course at a time that is convenient to them to complete work that has been uploaded by the instructor.
- "Live online" requires students to access their courses online during specific days and times to receive live instruction from the professor and be able to interact online with peers in real time.
- More information can be found on www.rcsj.edu/learn .
- Course Registration - Appointments will be conducted virtually. See enrollment steps below.
- For general inquiries and to submit your HSOP Participation Form, Preliminary High School Transcript, and test scores (PSAT, ACT, SAT, PARCC/NJSLA) email DesignYourFuture@rcsj.edu.
A quality education at a fraction of the cost!
*See Program Benefits for new pricing for Fall 2020
The High School Option Program (HSOP) provides high schools students with the opportunity to take Rowan College of South Jersey courses at a discounted tuition rate. Completed courses under HSOP can be applied to an RCSJ associate degree or be easily transferred to other institutions of higher education. In addition, RCSJ credits may satisfy high school graduation requirements through the N.J. Department of Education's Option Two.
Please Note: High School students may take advantage of HSOP during RCSJ's Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer semesters. However, the HSOP discount will only be applied through the spring semester of the senior year. Once Rowan College's summer semester commences, the HSOP discount will not be applied for current high school seniors. Students age out after 18 years of age.
- Starting with the Fall 2020 semester, the HSOP discount is now $75/credit with no additional course fees (online & lab fees are now excluded, for example). Please see our HSOP FAQ document, located on the left navigation, for online payment instructions.
- RCSJ has implemented a free payment plan option!
- Take an unlimited number of RCSJ courses
- Start earning college credits towards a degree program
- Satisfy high school graduation requirements
- Complete required remediation
- Explore career pathways
Career and major exploration assessments to help students better understand their interests
- Personalized academic advisement
- Registration assistance
- Safe & secure environment
- Full and FREE access to all Rowan College services, clubs and activities *Rowan College at South Jersey athletics participation is not available to HSOP students.
Who can participate
- Students 15 to 18 years of age
- Those who completed freshman year of high school
- In-county & out-of-county residents
- Students who attend:
What courses can students enroll in
Students should consult the
NJ Transfer website to learn how
Rowan College South Jersey courses will transfer to NJ institutions of higher education. Students looking to transfer their Rowan College credit to institutions outside of NJ should consult their school of choice.
Sign me up! 3 Easy steps
*please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in enrolling at the RCSJ-Cumberland campus and instructions will be provided.
- Step 2: Placement Test (Accuplacer)
- Step 3: Register for courses with an HSOP Advisor
- Register with an HSOP Advisor
- Registration will be conducted virtually via phone & email. Registration will NOT take place on campus at this time.
- NEW: Effective Fall 2019, all HSOP students taking 12 credits or more must submit an Immunization Record Form to RCSJ's Office of Admissions on the Gloucester campus. Failure to do so will result in the inability to register for future semesters.