The RCSJ-Gloucester campus is currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, classes are running and students can still enroll for the summer and fall 2020 terms.
All appointments will be conducted virtually. Please continue to make an appointment with your advisor through our online appointment scheduler. For general inquiries please email DesignYourFuture@rcsj.edu.
A quality education at a fraction of the cost!
*See Program Benefits for new pricing for Fall 2020
The High School Option Program (HSOP) was designed to provide high schools students with the opportunity to start taking college courses at a discounted cost. Completed courses under the HSOP program can be applied to a Rowan College of South Jersey associate degree program or easily transferred to other institutions of higher education. In addition, Rowan College of South Jersey credits may satisfy high school graduation requirements through the N.J. Department of Education's Option Two.
Please Note: High School students may take advantage of HSOP during Rowan College of South Jersey's Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer semesters. However, the HSOP discount will only be applied through the spring semester of the senior year. Once Rowan College's summer semester commences, the HSOP discount will not be applied for current high school seniors. Students age out after 18 years of age. HSOP is currently only offered on the Gloucester Campus, but Cumberland County residents will now be charged in-county tuition.
65% discount off
Rowan College's tuition and per credit fees. Starting Fall 2020, the HSOP discount will change to $75 a credit with no additional fees (ex. online & lab fees). Discounted prices for Summer 2020 will be posted after April 6 and discounts for fall will be posted after July 6. Payment for Summer 2020 is due by May 6 and Fall payment is due August 5. Please see our HSOP FAQ document, located on left hand side of page, for online payment instruction.
- Take an unlimited number of RCSJ courses
- Start earning college credits towards a degree program
- Satisfy high school graduation requirements
- Complete required remediation
- Explore career pathways
Career and major exploration assessments to help students better understand their interests
- Personalized academic advisement
- Registration assistance
- Full and FREE access to all Rowan College services, clubs and activities *Rowan College at South Jersey athletics participation is not available to HSOP students
- Safe & secure environment
Who can participate
- Students 15 to 18 years of age
- Completed freshman year of high school
- In-county & out-of-county residents
- Students who attend:
What courses can students enroll in
Students should consult the
NJ Transfer website to learn how
Rowan College South Jersey courses will transfer to NJ institutions of higher education. Students looking to transfer their Rowan College credit to institutions outside of NJ should consult their school of choice.
Sign me up! 3 Easy steps
NEW: Effective Fall 2019, all HSOP students taking 12 credits or more must submit an Immunization Record Form to RCSJ's Office of Admissions on the Gloucester campus. Failure to do so will result in the inability to register for future semesters.
HSOP Participation Form.pdf
and high school transcripts to the Gloucester campus at Rowan College's
Office of Admissions and receive your RCSJ Student ID number (A#) and log-in credentials for the RCSJ portal.
Student ID numbers will be mailed or students can visit Rowan College's Gloucester campus Admissions Office.
- Accuplacer testing has been made optional for AY 2020-21. Read more about alternative scores to submit such as the PSAT, NJSLA/PARCC or SAT. Satisfy the
placement test requirements by taking
Rowan College South Jersey's placement exam, the Accuplacer
*Rowan College Student ID is required to schedule the Accuplacer
- Meet with an HSOP Advisor and register for classes
- Meet our advisors - Registration will be conducted via phone & email. DO NOT visit the RCSJ Gloucester campus at this time.
- HSOP Registration events are offered at select High Schools. Contact the high school Guidance Office for more information.
Test exemptions or Accuplacer scores must be provided the day of registration.