Summer 2021: Courses will be made viewable on the web on March 1st. Registration will begin on March 15th. Summer courses will be held online.
Fall 2021: Courses will be made viewable on the web on March 1st. Registration will begin on March 15th. The college intends to provide all forms of instructional delivery for Fall: Lecture, Online, LIVE Online, Hybrid, Web Enhanced. Should COVID-19 prevent us from coming back to campus in the fall, advertised lecture courses will be turned into Online or LIVE Online instruction.
- Online vs. LIVE Online: "Online" courses are completely online and provide students with the flexibility to log into their course at a time that is convenient to them to complete work that has been uploaded by the instructor. "Live online" requires students to access their courses online during specific days and times to receive live instruction from the professor and be able to interact online with peers in real-time. More information can be found on
- Course Registration - Summer & Fall 2021 registration opens March 15, 2021. Appointments will be conducted virtually. See enrollment steps below.
- For general inquiries and to submit your HSOP Participation Form, Preliminary High School Transcript, and test scores (PSAT, ACT, SAT, PARCC/NJSLA) email
The High School Option Program (HSOP) provides high school students with the opportunity to take Rowan College of South Jersey courses at a discounted tuition rate. Completed courses under HSOP can be applied to an RCSJ associate degree or be easily transferred to other institutions of higher education. In addition, RCSJ credits may satisfy high school graduation requirements through the N.J. Department of Education's
Please Note: High School students may take advantage of HSOP during RCSJ's Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer semesters.
However, the HSOP discount will only be applied through the spring semester of the senior year. Once Rowan College's summer semester commences, the HSOP discount will not be applied for current high school seniors. Students age out after 18 years of age.
- Tuition discount of $75 per credit with no course fees
- Take an unlimited number of RCSJ courses
- Start earning college credits towards a degree program
- Satisfy high school graduation requirements
- Complete required remediation
- Explore career pathways
Career and major exploration assessments to help students better understand their interests
- Personalized academic advisement
- Registration assistance
- Safe & secure environment
- Full and FREE access to all Rowan College services, clubs and activities *Rowan College at South Jersey athletics participation is not available to HSOP students.
Who Can Participate
- Students 15 to 18 years of age
- Those who completed freshman year of high school
- In-county & out-of-county residents
- Students who attend:
- Public school
- Private school
What courses can students enroll in
Students should consult the
NJ Transfer website to learn how Rowan College South Jersey courses will transfer to NJ institutions of higher education. Students looking to transfer their Rowan College credit to institutions outside of NJ should consult their school of choice.
Sign me up! 3 Easy steps
*Please email email@example.com if interested in enrolling at the RCSJ-Cumberland campus and instructions will be provided.
Step 1: Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A HSOP Participation Form.pdf must be signed by the student, parent/guardian, and school counselor. Adobe Acrobat Reader is recommended when accessing the form. Once submitted, Students will receive their RCSJ Student ID number (A#) and log-in credentials for the RCSJ portal via email from RCSJ's Admissions Office. Students who don't recieve an email should check their spam box before emailing Admissions at
- Preliminary High School Transcript
Exemption test scores (PSAT, ACT, SAT, NJSLA, PARCC). See step 2 for more information.
Step 2: Placement Test (Accuplacer)
Note: If a student has already taken the PSAT, ACT, SAT, or certain PARCC/NJSLA exemption test, the student may not need to take the Accuplacer. RCSJ is also using multiple measures in lieu of the Accuplacer. If you've taken high school ENG III or IV and Algebra I & II you may have a test exemption. Please submit a copy of your high school transcript along with standardized test scores (if applicable) to email@example.com (step 1) and move to step 3.
- Step 3: Register for courses with an CCCR Advisor or by participating in a virtual HSOP Registration Event. Students taking 12 credits or more must submit an
Immunization Record Form to RCSJ's Office of Admissions on the Gloucester campus.
- Individual Appointments
- Registration will be conducted virtually via phone & email. Registration will NOT take place on campus at this time.
Register with an CCCR Advisor
- HSOP Registration Event
- High schools that are participating in a virtual HSOP Registration Event for Summer & Fall 2021 include:
Delsea (Allied Health Academy),
Deptford (Collegiate High School),
Gloucester Catholic (Criminal Justice Academy),
Gloucester City, Kingsway (Allied Health Academy),
Pitman, Williamstown, Woodbury (Senior Experience). If you attend these schools please contact your School Counseling Office for more details.