The High School Option Program (HSOP) provides high school students the opportunity to take Rowan College of South Jersey courses at a discounted tuition rate. Completed coursework can be applied to an RCSJ associate degree or be easily transferred to other institutions of higher education. In addition, RCSJ credits may satisfy high school graduation requirements through the N.J. Department of Education's
Please Note: High School students may take advantage of HSOP during RCSJ's Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer semesters.
However, the HSOP discount will only be applied through the spring semester of the senior year. Once Rowan College's summer semester commences, the HSOP discount will not be applied for current high school seniors. Students age out after 18 years of age.
- Tuition discount of $75 per credit with no course fees
- Take an unlimited number of RCSJ courses
- Start earning college credits toward a degree program
- Satisfy high school graduation requirements
- Complete required remediation
- Explore career pathways
Career and major exploration assessments to help students better understand their interests
- Personalized academic advisement
- Registration assistance
- Safe & secure environment
- Full and FREE access to all Rowan College services, clubs and activities *Rowan College at South Jersey athletics participation is not available to HSOP students.
Who Can Participate
- Students 15 to 18 years of age
- Those who completed freshman year of high school
- In-county & out-of-county residents
- Students who attend:
What courses can students enroll in
Students should consult the
NJ Transfer website to learn how Rowan College South Jersey courses will transfer to NJ institutions of higher education. Students looking to transfer their Rowan College credit to institutions outside of NJ should consult their school of choice.
Sign me up at RCSJ-Gloucester! 3 Easy steps:
*Students seeking participation at RCSJ-Cumberland, visit www.rcsj.edu/cc/hsop.
Step 1: Apply!
Submit the following documents to [email protected]:
- A HSOP Participation Form.pdf must be signed by the student, parent/guardian, and school counselor. Adobe Acrobat Reader is recommended when accessing the form. Once submitted, Students will receive their RCSJ Student ID number (A#) and log-in credentials for the RCSJ portal via email from RCSJ's Admissions Office. Students who don't receive an email should check their spam box before emailing Admissions at
- Preliminary High School Transcript
- Standardized Test Scores (see exemptions below)
Step 2: Satisfy the Placement Test Requirement! (Accuplacer)
All students are required to take the Accuplacer, or provide proof of exemption
, prior to seeking advisement & registration assistance. The Accuplacer assess knowledge in reading, writing and math and places students in College-level or Educational Foundations (remedial) courses.
Step 3: Meet with an Advisor & Register!
Students taking 12 credits or more must submit an Immunization Record Form to RCSJ-Gloucester Office of Admissions
Forms & questions can be emailed to [email protected]!
- Individual Appointments - Make an appointment with an Advisor!
- We encourage on campus advisement & registration. However, this can be conducted virtually via zoom or by phone and email.
- HSOP Registration Event
- High schools participating in a virtual HSOP Registration Event for Summer & Fall 2022 include:
Delsea (Allied Health Academy),
Deptford (Collegiate High School),
Gloucester Catholic (Criminal Justice Academy),
Gloucester City, Kingsway (Allied Health Academy),
Pitman, Williamstown, Woodbury (Senior Experience). If you attend these schools please contact your School Counseling Office for more details.