INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION PROCESS
Rowan College of South Jersey - Cumberland is a two-year community college that offers associate degree
programs that prepare students to either transfer to a four-year college or enter into the workforce.
Students who are granted an F-1 student visa must adhere to the U.S. Immigration and Customs
Enforcement guidelines. For more information, visit: studyinthestates.dhs.gov
. You will also need to
visit the U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement website at www.ice.gov/sevis/students
about the requirements to apply for an F-1 student visa.
The following documentation is required for a student to be accepted and issued an I-20 to attend RCSJ -
Cumberland. All documentation must be submitted as a complete application packet.Application Process
Deadline for Submitting Documentation
- Complete the International Admissions Application
- Send an official high school transcript
- Provide immunization records for MMR (measles, mumps, & rubella) & Hepatitis B
- Send a photocopy of the passport photo and signature page
- If transferring credits from a foreign university, provide a credential evaluation from an agency that
belongs to the National Association of Credential Evaluating Services (NACES)
- Documentation of Financial Ability
Students must submit documentation showing that they have the financial ability to attend RCSJ-Cumberland. A
table is included at the end of this document to show how much students need to show based on their
situation. The sponsor will need to include either a bank statement or a statement from an employer
attesting to proof of funds.
- Transfer Students need to send some additional documents
- Photocopy of current F-1 visa
- Copy of most recent I-94
- Transfer Report Form completed by current DSO
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges
- For acceptance in the Fall semester (September) – June 15th
- For acceptance in the Spring semester (January) – November 15th
- Submit completed application packet to the RCSJ - Cumberland DSO.
- The acceptance packet including the I-20 & acceptance letter will be mailed to the student.
- Upon receiving the packet, the student will schedule an appointment at the U.S. Embassy.
- Note: Students will be required to complete an I-901 Form and pay a $200 SEVIS processing
fee prior to the appointment date at: https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/. (Be sure to print
and retain a copy of the receipt.)
- Students who receive F-1 approval may arrive in the United States no sooner than 30 days prior to the
program start date as noted on the I-20.
- Upon arrival, contact your DSO to schedule testing, a New Student Orientation, and an advisement
session to register for classes.
Students will take the Accuplacer Test in English & Math upon arrival in the U.S. The TOEFL is not require
for acceptance. For students still learning English, RCSJ-Cumberland offers an ESL (English as a Second
Language) placement test. For students that have taken other tests, the required scores are listed below:
SAT: 450 Evidence-Based Reading & Writing (EBRW); 500 Math
ACT: 18 English & 22 Reading; 30 Math
PARCC: 4 or 5 Grade 11 English Language Arts & Literacy exam; 4 or 5 Algebra II
Housing and Transportation
Rowan College of South Jersey - Cumberland is a commuter school. There is no on-campus housing, so it is
the responsibility of the student to find housing. (Note: Housing for student-athletes is usually arranged for
in advance by the coaching staff.) Students should arrange for private transportation to and from the college.
Public transportation is available but limited.
Estimated Annual Budget
International students must be enrolled full-time and take a minimum of 12 credits per semester. Below is an
estimation of the annual cost of attendance. Cost of living will depend on each student’s situation, and three
examples have been listed – a single student living by themselves, a student-athlete staying in an apartment
with three other athletes, and a student staying with a family member that lives nearby. The amounts shown
in the financial support documentation will need to reflect each student’s living arrangements.
|||2019/2020||Total Estimated Expenses |
|Annual Tuition & Fees ||$7 - 9,000|||
|Books & Supplies ||$1,000|||
|Cost of Living – single student ||$11,200||$19,200 – 21,200|
|Cost of Living – student-athlete||$5,500||$13,500 – 15,500 |
|Cost of Living – with family member||$0 ||$8,000 – 10,000|