HESI Testing is open to students who are applying to the RCSJ Radiography Program. All exams begin at 9AM. Scroll down to the "Test Dates" heading on this page for a full list of dates.
The HESI exam is utilized for entrance into the Radiography Program at RCSJ - Cumberland Campus. In addition to the knowledge gained from taking courses at RCSJ, a prospective student may prepare by reviewing resources on
the Elsevier website. The RCSJ - Cumberland Campus HESI exam includes the following areas: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Critical Thinking.
Questions? Email [email protected] prior to registering.
How to Register
- Register/login as a student on Evolve at
http://evolve.elsevier.com – click
I'm a student; Click
Login (upper right corner); click
Create an Account; fill in required fields OR Login with your existing Evolve username/password; Click
- Register for HESI: Click
My Evolve tab (upper left corner) and in center of page, click
*If you never created an Evolve account, you must request “Student Access" at 1-800-222-9570.
Payments tab at the top. Make testing payment of $54.00 (*date not chosen at this time) by credit/debit card (Accepted: VISA, MasterCard, American Express & Discover).
If testing for the first time Type in Payment ID# 23674 for Version 1 OR if testing for the second time Type in Payment ID# 23675 for Version 2; Click
Search; Complete billing info; Click
Proceed to Checkout; email receipt to
[email protected] as proof of HESI registration payment, with the 2nd receipt as explained here below:
- IN ADDITION: Before making an appointment, you will also need to pay $30.00 to the Cumberland Campus One Stop. RCSJ-Cumberland students: Please email
[email protected] &
[email protected] to have the fee billed to your student account. Non RCSJ-Cumberland students will need to come in person to the One Stop, where cash, checks or credit cards can be submitted. You also have the option to submit an application to Admissions, and then request to be charged in your student account. Once paid, you'll need to email the $30.00 receipt, in addition to the $54.00 receipt, to
[email protected] to request your HESI exam appointment.
IMPORTANT - Registration must be completed by presenting
receipts to the Cumberland Testing Center, via email or in person.
You may then request an appointment for a date listed at rcsj.edu/testing/cumberland
To reschedule, you will need to pay a $15 fee to the One Stop and present the receipt to the Testing Center.
The test can be taken twice per year. A 30-day interval between test dates is recommended. You will need to register and pay both fees each time you plan to take the test.
Things to Know
- Testing is administered in the Testing Center in the Catherine J. Arpino Education and Humanities Center.
- No food/beverages or electronic devices (cell phones, smart watches, etc.) are permitted in the test room.
- Calculators are provided within the exam software; students may not bring their own.
- Students are allowed 5 hours to complete the exam; please be aware that seating is limited.
- One valid, government-issued photo ID is required.