Sign In
COVID-19 Update: In compliance with CDC and State guidelines, face masks are required on campus.

​View the latest updates and find out about vaccine dates for RCSJ students, staff, and faculty on the COVID-19 website.

Transfer Students

Transfer at Cumberland

Transfer Students

​​​​Welcome Transfer Students!
Transferring Credits to Rowan College of South Jersey Cumberland Campus
Students must complete the following steps to transfer in external college credits to RCSJ-Cumberland:
  1. Submit a online application and select a major.
  2. Submit official transcripts from prior regionally accredited college/university or submit official documentation of training completed.
An evaluation of credits transferred will then be provided for the matriculated student. To assist with degree planning and academic advising, students should submit their transcript for evaluation in advance of their registering for courses. Only official transcripts will be evaluated.

​Transfer Policies

Credit Residency
For all Associate degree programs, a maximum of 50 percent of credits required for the degree may be from credits attained elsewhere. On occasion, a student may earn up to 75 percent of the required credits elsewhere if the student obtains written prior approval of the appropriate Dean and Vice President of Academic Affairs. Students enrolled in joint programs may transfer 50% of the RCSJ-Cumberland requirements (approximately 15 credits).
Courses completed at other regionally accredited colleges may be accepted for credit for advanced standing if a grade of "C" or better has been received and if the courses are applicable to the student's degree program at RCSJ-Cumberland. Students must submit to Enrollment Services an official transcript from previous colleges attended and, if necessary, a catalog or course description from the other college(s).

Additional Transfer Credit Opportunities
College credit is accepted and may be applied to a student's degree program from the following programs:

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
RCSJ-Cumberland will accept for credit, scores for the general sub-tests and Subject Examinations which meet the American Council of Education's recommended minimum scores. Appropriate college courses will be transferred in as it relates to the degree program on record. Guidance regarding CLEP testing can be found in the Center for Academic and Student Success.

Advanced Placement (AP)
RCSJ-Cumberland recognizes high school advanced placement programs. High school students who receive grades of 4, or 5 on advanced placement exams will receive appropriate college credits. Students must submit official AP scores to the Enrollment Services Office for evaluation.

Credit for Educational Experience in the Armed Services
Course work taken and/or training received in the armed services can be accepted for credit in accordance with the recommendations of the American Council on Education, contained in A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. The credit recommendations from the Guide must be applicable to the student's degree program at RCSJ-Cumberland. Students must submit the documentation of the completed military educational experience to the Veterans Coordinator in the Enrollment Services Office.

Police and Correctional Academies
Individuals who have successfully completed training through a recognized police or correctional academy are eligible to receive college credit for this training. Recognized academies include Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Sea Girt and Vineland Police Academies, and the NJ and Federal Correctional Officers Training Academies.

HealthCare Related Certifications/Licenses
Individuals who have successfully completed a postsecondary accredited or state licensed health education program and who maintain a current license or documented certification in a healthcare profession may be eligible to receive college credit for this training. Examples of eligible licenses/certifications include dental technician, LPN, EMT, phlebotomy, medical assistant, DYFS training, and military trained health practitioners.

Technical Studies
Students who have successfully completed apprenticeship and other formal corporate, industrial, computer science, and other formal trainings may be eligible to receive college credit for that training. Students must submit official documentation to the Enrollment Services Office.
 Technical studies credit will be evaluated by a faculty assessor and may be awarded in the following concentrations:
  • Computer Aided Drafting and Design
  • Engineering Technology
  • Construction Supervision.
International Evaluations
Students who attended institutions of higher education in other countries must have their transcript translated and evaluated course by course World Education Services (WES). An official copy of the course by course evaluation must be submitted to the Enrollment Services Office for transfer credit evaluation. Additional information can be found at