Below you will find steps to assist you in your transition from soldier to student.
Complete the admissions application of the campus you wish to attend.
With your military experience, you have likely earned college credits. Rowan College may award military students credit towards a degree based on training, coursework, and occupational specialty. When you meet with the Military Service office School Certifying Official bring your military transcript and any other transcripts you wish to have evaluated for credit towards your program. for more information visit the Prior Learning Assessment page.
- Visit the
VA Website and learn how to apply for the GI Bill and related benefits.
Bring a copy of your military discharge DD-214 form (member 4 copy) and your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Military Services Office on the Campus that you wish to attend, (office locations are in the left sidebar).
Form SF 180 Military Records Request
- Request a copy of your DD214 by visiting this link:
- You will complete a certification request form and submit a copy of your schedule for VA certification.
- Contact your local VA Office to apply for your Vocation Rehabilitation Benefits. Submit the required 28-1905 form to the Military Services Office of the campus you wish to attend for VA certification processing.
- Bring a copy of your Notice of Eligibility (NOBE) or Commander's Certificate to the Rowan College VA School Certifying Official of the campus you wish to attend.
- National Guard Tuition Waiver students must complete a
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- A Commander’s Certification is needed for every semester you will be attending
- You must submit an award or denial letter ONCE per academic year
Readmission of Military Members
Active duty military or U.S. military reserve members admitted to Rowan College may request a withdrawal to fulfill a U.S. Military obligation. The student may notify Enrollment Services regarding his/her absence. The student will remain admitted in accordance with readmission provisions in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (Section 484C of the HEA) and implementing regulations in 34 CFR Section 668.18.
Students who need to readmit may notify the Office of Admissions. Documentation of military service is required to support the request for readmission. The student will be readmitted with the same academic status he or she had at the time of the withdrawal request. The absence from the College cannot exceed five years; however, exceptions are noted in the law.
For Vocational Rehabilitating Chapter 31
Contact your Voc-Rehab counselor to obtain and submit Form 28-1905.
If you are applying for Vocational Rehabilitation for the first time, complete: