Rowan College of South Jersey is crafting the best skills to meet the industry demands for qualified welders. With our welding technology program, we train and certify our students to a level of competency in line with welding industry standards. Our welding program provides students with the required foundation to craft a future in Welding.
What can you expect from RCSJ's Welding Technology program?
- Hands-on experience
- Industry Expert faculty
- Industry Certifications
- Connections to Employers
What You'll Learn
- Identify common hazards in welding
- Explain and identify proper personal protection used in welding
- Describe proper material handling methods
- Identify and explain the use of oxyfuel cutting equipment.
- Perform oxyfuel cutting: straight line and square shapes; piercing and slot cutting; bevels; washing; gouging.
|Plasma Arc Cutting|
- Explain the plasma arc cutting processes.
- Prepare and set up plasma cutting equipment.
- Use plasma arc cutting equipment to make various types of cuts.
|Air Carbon Arc Cutting and Gouging|
- Identify and explain the air carbon arc cutting (CAC-A) process and equipment.
- Select and install CAC-A electrodes.
- Use CAC-A equipment for washing and gouging activities.
|Introduction of Mechanical Engineering Design|
- Identify and explain the phases in design.
- Identify the characteristics that must be prioritized in design consideration.
- Explain the importance of standards and codes in relation to organizations of interest to mechanical engineers.
|Mechanical Engineering Design Materials|
- Calculate the material characteristics, strengths, and stresses of a design.
- Interpret the process of sand casting, shell molding, investment casting, hot-working, and cold-working.
- Compare and contrast the alloy steels, corrosion-resistant steals, casting materials, and nonferrous metals.
The Welding Program does not qualify for Financial Aid, but financing for the welding program may be done through grants, private loans, and payment plans. Contact the RCSJ CTE Office at 856-776-2372 or [email protected] to find out more.
Register online at cccnj.gosignmeup.com or call the CTE Office at 856-776-2372.
To view upcoming classes, visit cccnj.gosignmeup.com.