Welcome to Selective Admissions at Rowan College South Jersey, Gloucester Campus!
Selective Admission programs at RCSJ Gloucester require applicants to meet or exceed admissions criteria beyond requirements for general admission to the College. Students interested in applying to a Selective Admission program must complete a portfolio, detailed in the program admissions packet, to formally apply to their program of interest.
RCSJ Gloucester offers seven selective admissions programs:
- Nursing: Generic RN
- Nursing: LPN-RN Bridge (ON HOLD)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Automotive Technology
Admission to each program is competitive. Meeting or exceeding admissions requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program of interest. It is the applicant's responsibility to meet the general and selective admission requirements for their program of interest. Applicants must be certain they obtain the selective admission packet of information for the year they wish to apply.
Notices for Prospective Applicants
Placement Testing: All applicants interested in applying to a selective admission program (listed above) must demonstrate they are college-level in reading, writing, and math through the College's placement test (AccuPlacer) or submission of exemption criteria. Information on placement test exemption criteria and registering for the AccuPlacer (if needed) can be found on the Testing Center website.
Online Lab Science Courses:
Please follow the guidance below if your Anatomy and/or Microbiology courses were taken in Spring 2020 to present:
- RCSJ Students: Any format of instruction delivered at RCSJ (face-to-face, hybrid, online, and Live OnLine) is acceptable for selective admissions programs and DO NOT REQUIRE proof of delivery method.
- Transfer Students: Students will need to provide documentation from their professor on how their identity was verified in the course in addition to their course syllabus and schedule. Information on documentation needed for Proof of Delivery Method is detailed in each admission packet.
Nursing and Health Professions programs will only accept, in transfer, Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Microbiology courses that have been completed successfully from a regionally accredited institution and in a face-to-face or hybrid format. Acceptable coursework not taken at RCSJ must have equivalent content, lecture, credit hours, face-to-face lab hours and provide a letter grade.
Online instruction is NOT acceptable for Anatomy I and/or Anatomy II and/or Microbiology courses taken prior to Spring 2020.
RCSJ cannot guarantee lab sciences taken online at another institution since Spring 2020 will be accepted for selective admissions ranking or transfer. Applicants will need to provide proof of delivery method detailed in the admission packet for guidance on documentation needed for the transfer of Anatomy I, Anatomy II, and/or Microbiology.