Sign In
Rowan College at Gloucester County and Cumberland County College merged on July 1, 2019 to form Rowan College of South Jersey (RCSJ).

Welcome to the RCSJ website (  Please note visitors from and will be redirected to this new site.

Campus Plaza with students walking

Special Services at Gloucester

Special Services

​​View Welcome Letter

The Department of Special Services provides academic support to eligible Rowan College South Jersey at Gloucester campus students who have documented disabilities. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability.

The Department of Special Services ensures eligible Rowan College students receive appropriate accommodations that allow for academic success. Any questions regarding Section 504 or the ADA can be answered by Dennis Cook, director of Special Services, by calling 856-415-2281 or emailing

Rowan College students who have disabilities are not required to register with the Department of Special Services. Registering with the department is done on a voluntary basis. However, students who are interested in receiving certain accommodations must register with Special Services. 


To Register with Special Services

Students must follow these steps:

  1. Complete and submit the Student Profile form. Access the Student Profile Form​.

  2. Submit documentation detailing the student’s disability. Support services will not be granted without 
    documentation specifying the student’s disability. Documentation should include the following information: 

    1. Diagnosis with written evaluation of current disability

    2. Date the student was diagnosed

    3. Tests used to reach diagnosis 

    4. Credentials of the medical professional conducting evaluation

    5. How the disability affects daily activities and/or academic performance

    6. By clicking on the following links, students can download the ​Special Education Records Release Form​ and/or Medical Release Form to present to their medical care professional.

    7. Contact the Special Services office to schedule a meeting with a staff member.

    8. Students should schedule a meeting after submitting the Student Profile Form, proper documentation and completing the College’s placement test. (Click on Special Accommodations for Placement Testing to determine whether student should arrange his/her placement test through the Special Services office or the general Testing Center.) 

    9. During the meeting, the student and staff member will discuss his or her disability and determine eligible accommodations.


Students who qualify for accommodations are encouraged to register with the Department of Special Services at Rowan College before they begin their academic career at Rowan College. This allows students to take advantage of any special accommodations and auxiliary aids that they might need and be eligible to receive. 

  • Special accommodations include but are not limited to extended time on tests, private test rooms to complete tests with the assistance of a reader or scribe, as well as a distraction-free test room.

  • Auxiliary aids include but are not limited to note takers, tape recorders, large display calculators, interactive calculators, desktop magnifiers, large-screen computer monitors, touch-screen computer monitors, touch-screen laptop computers and JAWS® software. More information about adaptive technology can be found on the technology link. Students are responsible for identifying which accommodations and auxiliary aids they require for academic support.



Students who register with the Department of Special Services are assured that their information is kept confidential. 

In addition, the student's transcript will not indicate that the he or she is registered with the Department of Special Services. The student's specific special need is not disclosed to the student's instructors. However, accommodation letters are sent to each of the student’s professors if the student needs testing accommodations or accommodations in the classroom. It is the student's choice whether or not to disclose the sp​ecifics of his or her special need.


For More Information

Any questions regarding confidentiality, accommodations and auxiliary aids can be answered by a Department of Special Services staff member. For more information, call 856-415-2265. Many questions can be answered by visiting the frequently asked questions  webpage. Students may also want to visit the links and staff ​pages.

Last Updated: June 15, 2019