The Office of Technology has worked with Microsoft to give Office 365 to all students and employees for free!
What is Office 365?
Office 365 provides access to Microsoft web apps (like OneDrive, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel online), and allows to download Microsoft Office on up to 5 devices.
How do I use Office 365?
1) Cumberland students and employees can download and install Office 365 by logging into https://portal.office.com
2) Cumberland students and employees must login with their College email address, however, it must be formatted using the RCSJ.edu domain name.
- Cumberland Students - if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org then the email format to use for Office 365 would be this: username@student.RCSJ.edu. The password for is the same as the password you use for Self-Service (formerlyWebAdvisor).
- Employees – your username is your College email address.Your password is your Single-Sign-On (SSO) password which is the same as what you use to get into your Outlook email.
3) After successfully logging in, on the upper-right of the page is the Install Office drop-down menu where one can select the Office 365 apps to download then install the software to their computer.Note: Cumberland students will continue to use Gmail for their email system. They are not provided an Outlook mailbox with the Office 365 access.
If you need any assistance, please contact Technical Support by emailing email@example.com
, or calling 856-200-4811