This program prepares students for entry-level employment in the fields of electronics, mechatronics, and manufacturing as well as transfer into baccalaureate programs leading to careers in fields in manufacturing, product development, management, and engineering technology across robotics, automotive, medical, and various industrial fields.
The flexibility offered by this program allows for entrance AS and transferability requirements into schools with BS in Engineering Technology programs. Students should choose their electives deliberately with the transfer destination in mind.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Successfully employ test and measurement equipment.
- Develop a technical drawing in freehand and computer-aided format.
- Locate information resources and successfully retrieve data for employment.
- Apply algebra to analyze simple electrical circuits.
- Employ standardized industrial equipment such as PLC and be capable to apply the principles of quality control
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.