Pearson Vue (GED) Testing
The GED test is a high-school equivalency examination developed by the GED Testing Service of the American Council on Education. The credential received for passing the test is widely recognized by colleges, training schools and employers as equivalent to a high school diploma.
The tests can be administered only to persons who are at least 16 years old; have not graduated from an accredited high school or received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma; and are not currently enrolled in a traditional high school.
You must be a New Jersey resident. If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must complete a
Certificate of Consent to Participate, verifying that you are not enrolled in school, and the parent or legal guardian must bring it in person to the test center or have the consent form notarized by a New Jersey notary before a test will be administered.
Please bring the completed form to the appropriate Test Center for approval. Once approved you will be able to register for a test date.
There are four parts of the GED test. Each part of the test is a different length:
- Math - 115 minutes
- Science - 90 minutes
- Social Studies - 70 minutes
- Reasoning Through Language Arts - 150 minutes
Each section (Math, Science, Social Studies, and Reasoning Through Language Arts) costs $36. The total for all four sections is $144 (subject to change).
GED.com for practice tests and questions.
RCSJ CTE offers
GED preparation courses. Visit the link below or call (856) 468-5000, Ext: 6227 for more information.
Students must create a GED account and register for the Pearson Vue test through
GED.com. You can search for RCSJ by entering the zip code or city.
- Rowan College of South Jersey/Gloucester: Sewell NJ 08080
- Rowan College of South Jersey/Cumberland: Vineland NJ 08360
Testing Day Details
- Driver's licenses, Permits, Passports, Voter's registrations, School ID, Employer ID, or other photo ID, valid or expired, that has been issued by a public entity or private third party. Testers also need to provide proof of residency if the primary ID doesn't identify residency. Items such as property tax or utility bills are acceptable.
- Testers will not receive a score report and must go to their GED account once scores are posted. Please go to GED.com for score information.
If you have any questions, please visit GED.com or call 1-877-392-6433.