1. How can I be exempt from taking the placement test?
Please visit the Exemption Criteria page for more information.
2. How can I prepare for the test?
The following resources may be useful in preparing for the placement test:
Next Generation Accuplacer
Language Arts Sites
3. Why do we need to take the test?
The test provides a current assessment of your basic skills. Your test results will determine course placement.
4. What is on the test?
Rowan College uses the Accuplacer® Placement Test developed by CollegeBoard(TM). It assesses your skills in reading, writing and mathematics.
5. When may I take the test?
The test is available continually throughout the year. Check the calendar on our website for up-to-date scheduling.
6. Do I have to pay for the placement test?
No, there is no fee for admitted Rowan College students.
7. How long is the test?
The test is not timed, but allow a two-hour time period to complete the test.
8. What do I need to bring when I take the test?
On test day, remember to leave your cell phone in your car and please bring:
9. How do I obtain my results?
Your results will be available immediately after you complete the test.
10. May I retake the test?
Students have the option to retake any of the sections one time. This is called a Challenge Test and costs $10 for each section.