Quality education at a fraction of the cost
The High School Option Program (HSOP) was designed to provide high schools students with the opportunity to start taking college courses at a 65 percent discount off of Rowan College's tuition and per credit fees. Completed courses under the HSOP program can be applied to a Rowan College at South Jersey associate degree program or easily transferred to other institutions of higher education. In addition, Rowan College at South Jersey credits may satisfy high school graduation requirements through the N.J. Department of Education's Option Two.
Please Note: High School students may take advantage of HSOP during Rowan College at South Jersey's fall, winter, spring and summer semesters. However, the HSOP discount will only be applied through the spring semester of the senior year. Once Rowan College's summer semester commences, the HSOP discount will not be applied for current high school seniors.
65% discount off Rowan College's tuition and per credit fees
- Take an unlimited amount of Rowan College courses
- Start earning college credits towards a degree program
- Satisfy high school graduation requirements
- Complete required remediation
- Explore career pathways
- Personalized academic advisement
- Registration assistance
- Full and FREE access to all Rowan College
clubs and activities
*Rowan College at South Jersey athletics participation is not available to HSOP students
Safe & secure environment
Who can participate
- Students 15 years of age and older who have completed freshman year of high school
- In county residents
- Out of county residents *see out of county discounted rates
- Students who attend
What courses can students enroll in
Students should consult the
NJ Transfer website to learn how Rowan College South Jersey courses will transfer to NJ institutions of higher education. Students looking to transfer their Rowan College credit to institutions outside of NJ should consult their school of choice.
Sign me up! 3 Easy steps
High School Participation Form
, and high school transcripts to the Gloucester campus at Rowan College's
Office of Admissions and receive your Rowan College Student ID number. Rowan College South Jersey
Student ID numbers will be mailed or students can visit Rowan College's Gloucester campus Admissions Office.
- Satisfy the
placement test requirements by taking Rowan College South Jersey's placement exam, the Accuplacer
*Rowan College Student ID is required to schedule the Accuplacer
Make an Appointment
- Students exempt from the Accuplacer will have to provide copies of SAT, ACT, or PARCC scores to Rowan College's Gloucester campus 's Office of Admissions. Find out if you are exempt, here.
- Meet with an HSOP Advisor and register for classes
- Meet our advisors
- HSOP Registration events are offered at select High Schools. Contact the high school Guidance Office for more information.
Test exemptions or Accuplacer scores must be provided the day of registration