For students who want to transfer into a bachelor's degree program in art therapy. The option offers a strong foundation in the fundamentals of art therapy. Students who wish to pursue a degree in art therapy will learn to explore an individual's problems and potential, while using art to cultivate physical and emotional well-being. The curriculum includes an interaction between theoretical learning and artistic learning.
- Analyze the relationship between art making and art therapy.
- Use a variety of art materials and therapeutic art techniques to gain an understanding of the healing nature of the art process.
- Identify the major theoretical approaches of the pioneers who developed art therapy as a profession.
- Identify and discuss the developmental stages of art, the therapeutic process, and the stages of therapy.
- Locate, retrieve, and critically evaluate information and information sources.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.