You'll gain valuable experience participating in the Chorus, Wind Symphony and other ensembles. You can take individual lessons from professional musicians. You'll get a strong background in liberal arts that will prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or music school.
- Explain, identify, and apply musical elements and techniques of music theory and aural theory.
- Demonstrate performing competence in their major area of study and in their particular ensemble performing areas.
- Recognize the historical basis of the development of musical forms and genres in its cultural context.
- Describe music technology in its various forms for teaching, composition, and scholarly pursuits.
- Locate, retrieve and critically evaluate information and information sources.
Students can download the Program Guide listed above to view a semester-by-semester breakdown of the required classes and electives for this program.
The RCSJ Catalog provides class descriptions.
The Course Registration Info site shows important information for each semester such as deadlines, dates, and guides.
For a complete list of when important College dates occur, students can view and download the Academic Calendar.