The Rowan College Library is dedicated to fulfilling the informational and research needs of students and faculty by providing a solid collection of print and non-print materials in the campus library, and access to collections found locally and nationally.
Gloucester County residents and the public are welcome to use the facilities to read, research, access information, contemplate, study, and do homework subject to College and Administrative policies and to the below rules and regulations. These rules and regulations were developed to ensure access to materials, preserve the rights of all to use the Library and to protect the facilities from misuse. We ask that all Library users be considerate of others.
- According to New Jersey Law and to protect Library holdings, library staff have the right to inspect all backpacks, book bags, briefcases, handbags, and packages of people who enter the Library.
- New Jersey Statutes Annotated 2A:43 A-1
- New Jersey Statutes Annotated 2C:20-12
- Health and safety regulations require shoes and clothing to be worn when using the Library.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the Library.
- Animals are not allowed in the Library with the exception of service animals as designated by state and federal law (Title II and Title III of ADA).
- All cell phones and electronic devices must be turned off or silenced while in the Library.
- The Library will not be held liable for personal items that are lost, stolen, or left unattended.
- Children under fourteen years of age must be accompanied by, and under the supervision of, an adult at all times. See administrative procedure 2002, Minors on Campus, section titled: Minors on Campus who are not College Students.
- Disruptive conduct will not be tolerated. Disruptive conduct is behavior such as, but not limited to, loud talking, creating excessive noise, aggressive behavior, playing loud music, or interfering with the use of the Library or with the performance of library personnel's duties. Individuals who engage in disruptive conduct will be asked to leave and/or will be escorted off the premises by Security.
- Misuse/abuse of library furniture, equipment, or facilities will not be tolerated. Library users caught mutilating library materials or damaging library property will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include referral to the appropriate legal authorities.