Individuals applying to the program should have a scholastic background which includes high school algebra, biology and chemistry. Those applicants lacking the scholastic background, or returning to school after a prolonged absence, are able to fulfill the entrance requirements through participation in college courses.
Admission consideration to the Radiography Program requires general admission to RCSJ Cumberland Campus and a complete program application packet submitted to the Cumberland Admissions Office. New and previous applicants must submit all required documents as a single packet for the year they wish to apply by the designated deadline.
The deadline for program admission submission is 5:00 PM on March 4, 2022.
Download the Radiography Program Admission Packet.
General Admission Requirements
- If you are not nor have been an RCSJ Cumberland Campus student, complete and submit a general admission application online selecting Biological Health/Health Science as your major at
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript documenting high school graduation (or earned GED) to the Admissions Office.
- If applicable, submit official transcripts from other colleges attended to the Admissions Office.
- Provide documentation to satisfy RCSJ Placement Criteria of complete Accuplacer testing (or provide SAT scores).
Complete all required remediation before applying.
For admission assistance or questions regarding application status, call/text the Admissions Office at 856-200-4848 or email:
Selective Admission Packet Requirements
Applicants are required to include
all documents listed on the Radiography Admission checklist as a single completed packet and submit it to the
Admissions Office. The
Radiography Admission Packet must include:
- All information requested on the Radiography Admission Checklist
- Completed 2022 Radiography Admission Form
- HESI Admissions Assessment Exam Scores. Contact the Testing Center for testing information:
https://rcsj.edu/Testing/Cumberland (Scores are valid for 2 years.)
- The HESI Examination is a general test that identifies the applicant's abilities as related to mathematical concepts, reading, vocabulary, and general science.
- Students are permitted to take the exam two times a year.
- The minimum requirement is a score of 75% or higher in each of the sections of the exam.
2022 Radiography Program Information Session Attendance Slip
- Official high school transcript or GED in a sealed envelope (if applicable)
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges/universities attended other than RCSJ Cumberland (MUST be in a sealed envelope from the institution).
For more detailed information on the application process, please refer to the 2022 Admission Requirements & Procedures Guide.
Additional Radiography Program Information
Applicants must be at college level Reading, English, and Math. Remediation in Reading, English, and Math must be done before
applying to the Radiography Program.
Applicants must have Anatomy and Physiology (BI 106) prerequisites completed or college Anatomy and Physiology courses completed.Anatomy and Physiology I pre-requisite:
High School Biology or General Biology I and
High School Chemistry or General Chemistry or Introduction to Chemistry. Final course grades must be C or higher and college level English placement.
all admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
Students accepted in the Radiography Program must be in good health and be able to meet the physical demands of the career. Evidence of good health is documented in the results of a complete physical examination signed by the applicant's physician. Complete acceptance to the Radiography Program is contingent upon the submission of the completed medical form, including drug testing, and successful completion of a criminal background check. The Medical Form and additional information regarding the background check will be provided to the applicant following the acceptance letter.
Applicants are encouraged to review all policies specific to the radiography program. Program policies addressing student health, technical standards, pregnancy, and program progression and retention are published in the radiography program student handbook. Copies of the Radiography Student Handbook are available for download.