Sign In
Course Registration Info

Course Registration Info

Add, Drop, Audit, Withdrawal (ADAW) Info

To withdrawal from a course or from the college, please enter the virtual line in Express Advising.


What is the difference between drop and withdrawal?

To avoid owing a bill, students must drop classes before the semester begins. If a class is dropped during a partial refund period, the student will owe only a portion of the bill. A dropped class does NOT appear on the student’s transcript.

A withdrawal occurs after the refund period. Students are financially responsible for withdrawn classes. A withdrawal appears on the student’s transcript as a “W” grade.

What is an audit?

An audit allows the student to continue in the class, but he or she is subject to certain conditions specified by the instructor. The student will receive a grade of “R,” which appears on the transcript but is not included in the student's grade point average. Audited courses are not eligible for financial aid.

What do I need to do if I want to drop a class?

Gloucester Campus InstructionsTo drop a class online, please follow these instructions:

  1. Log in to the Rowan College Portal.
  2. Click the Academics tab, accessible from the menu drawer on the left.
  3. Click the Add or Drop Classes link under the Registration Tools heading.
Not all students are eligible to drop/add courses online. Students who are not must pick up a Schedule Change form (DROP/ADD) at the Information Center in the Student Services Building. The student should fill out the form, see an advisor for a signature and visit Student Records for processing. 

What do I need to do if I want to withdraw from a class?

Students who wish to withdraw from a class must pick up a Withdrawal Form from the Information Center in the Student Services Building. Students who are receiving financial aid, Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) or New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship (NJ STARS) funding must have the form signed by the respective officials. All Withdrawal Forms must be signed by an advisor. Students then may submit the completed form to the Student Records Department.

What is a partial withdrawal?

A partial withdrawal occurs when a student withdraws from some but not all classes for the semester.

What is a total withdrawal?

A total withdrawal occurs when a student withdraws from all classes for the semester.

Does a withdrawal appear on my transcript?

Yes. Withdrawing from a course may also have further implications on employment if employers see too many. Likewise, withdrawing from a course that is part of your major as opposed to an elective course may play a factor into some future considerations for employers. Consult with your advisor to help understand what impact a withdrawal might have for you.

Does a drop appear on my transcript ?

No. Double check the ADAW spreadsheet for your registered term to see when you must drop a course.

If I drop a class will it affect my financial aid?

Yes, a dropped class may affect financial aid. Consult with your advisor and with financial aid about the implications of a drop.

If I withdraw from a class will it affect my financial aid?​

Federal financial aid recipients are subject to a reduction of their financial aid if they completely withdraw or stop attending classes within the 60-percent period of any given semester. Aid recipients are responsible for costs related to tuition, fees, and books if their financial aid is revised or canceled. For additional information, students should visit the Financial Aid Withdrawals page.